I have appeared in the Court of Appeal many times, and often advise on appealing convictions and sentences.  I gladly accept instructions from people convicted and sentenced who wish to have their case reviewed.

It may be possible to appeal a case where, for example;

  • There was an irregularity or unfairness at the trial or sentence hearing.
  • New evidence has come to light.
  • The judge made a mistake in summing-up the case to the jury.
  • The sentence is excessive.

I can be instructed privately directly by way of ‘Direct Access’, or will help arrange funding (public funding/legal aid) if it is available.  I am very happy to discuss a possible appeal on an informal basis to see if I am able to help.